Leading From the Top (1-Day Seminar)
“Whatever you exemplify – you will get back.” Whether in a large or small company, leadership works the same: employees take their cue from those above them. Getting everyone involved is the key to effective training and education for your company. Following are the expectations for the course. The topics shown exceed capabilities of a one-day course but serve as a menu to select from for tailoring purposes.
- The work environment you must create
- 4 Things you must do to take care of your people
- 10 Traits you will demonstrate
- Recognizing your people
- Coaching & Mentoring
- Why communication is critical
- How to communicate clearly verbally
- How to communicate clearly when writing
- How to listen effectively
- Positive and negative aspects of electronic devices in Leadership
Healthy Company Culture
- What is company culture?
- The importance of culture
- What is culture built upon
- Maintaining or improving culture
- What is your culture?
- Constructive Conversations
- Annual Evaluations
Coaching / Mentoring
- Difference between coaching and mentoring
- Benefits to the company
- Benefits to the individual
- Cost of the program
- Rules of Engagement (ROI)
- Consequences of stress
- 13 ways to control stress
- What to do when you can’t
Work / Life Balance
- Why work/life balance is important
- How do you distribute your energy, strength, & passion?
- Recognizing your two “Life Generators”
- You can “walk” or “talk”
- How to create “balance”
- Mission statement
- Who has them and why
- How are they developed?
- When they are done – what then?
Mobile Electronic Devices
- Impact on the bottom line
- Information overload
- Skill reduction
- Communication issues
This course is designed for upper level management. Because there is more material than can be covered in one day, it has been designed to be customized for the individual company’s management team. Call us to see how we can support you.